Saturday, September 17, 2011

Oreo Muffin

I made this on 8th and 9th December 2010 :)

I got this Oreo Muffin recipe from one of many active YouTube-baker.

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup sour cream / plain yogurt
1 egg
1/4 cup margarine - melted
20 Oreo cookies - break it into many pieces ( not until powdered )


  1. In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
  2. In small bowl, combine milk, sour cream and egg. Stir into flour mixture with margarine until just blended.
  3. Gently stir in the cookie pieces. Spoon batter into 12 greased muffin tins with muffin cups.
  4. Bake at 375F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

But, unfortunately this recipe didn't work for me although I have tried it three times in a row. I repeatedly follow the recipe with thought that I have done something wrong at the first round. Still, it didn't turn up like what it was supposed to be.





The muffin texture is hard, not soft sponge-y or cake-like but for the taste it still delicious - it surprised me lol

The second time I made it I still get the same result - poor texture :/

You can even use it as a protection when there is a wild dog near you - throw it to the dog, sure it will runnn for life -.-

But one thing for sure the recipe could not be wrong since there is a lot of people out there who were already tried the recipe and their muffin actually turn out great. Er well, I don't know, maybe it is just me :/ lol I'm not gonna lie that this muffin actually did turn me down as a wannabe-great-baker. ha-ha oh yeahhh -.-'


After some time, when I think about it, I guess it because the amount of flour & butter not tally enough. I'm gonna make it again one day with my new amount of flour & butter - after all try & error makes you better baker ! ;)


But above is actually the original recipe, and actually you can even watch the video to have a full idea on how to make it but when I just about to give the link of the video I just realized she already set the video as a private, so I'm so sorry guys ! :(



No comments:

Post a Comment