Chocolate Marble Cheesecake
1 ½ cup biscuit crumbs
1 tablespoon caster sugar
85 g butter, melted
½ cup chocolate buttons
340 g cream cheese, softened
½ cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees C. In a medium bowl, combine biscuit crumbs, sugar and melted butter together. Mix well and press into the bottom of 8 inch pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate using double boiling method. Stir occasionally until the chocolate is smooth.
- In a small bowl, separate the egg yolks from the white. Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until creamy and smooth. Blend in the egg whites together and after that follow by the egg yolks one at a time.
- Remove one or two tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture and combine with the melted chocolate. Stir it fast.
- Spread plain batter into the crust. Drop the chocolate mixture randomly over the top. With the tip of a knife, swirls the batter to create a marble effect.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until center is set. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight before serving.
*This is not too sweet cheesecake. It has more to cheese taste than the sweetness itself. So this is perfect to go with any dressing you desire. Or, you can add up 1/3 cup of sugar more to the batter if you prefer it sweets.
*This cheesecake has a solid-with little bit cake-y-texture rather than more liquid-creamy-like; always found on no-bake recipe.
*I used Marie biscuits for the crusts.
Tips: Always keep the cake in refrigerator but cool to room temperature first before serve. Or you can eat it straight up from refrigerator if you like solid-ice cream-texture.
By the way, I always failed to give a nice pretty marble effect on the cake. *sigh -.-
However, proudly say, this is the best cheesecake that I ever made ! - this is my 3rd time.
My family love this ! My dad and my sister both compliment about the crust, they really like it and even they become surprised after I told them that I made it with Marie Biscuits only. hehe Braaaaagging ! Nooooo, I do not ! Haha :p